Are you suddenly stuck at home?
We’re gathering all the amazing opportunities and lists of resources we can find.
Temporary / Coronavirus Freebies
- Special Needs Moms Night Out & other resources from SPED
- Coronavirus Journal from Geez, Gwen
- Virus Unit Study (2 week freebie) from Teaching Without Chairs
- Free Live Online Education Options During Coronavirus from Online School Mom
- Your Story Hour will be offering free weekly stories on their site! (Be aware that some of the stories may need a bit much for sensitive young children.)
- Seattle Symphony performances live streaming.
- Home Safari Tours every weekday with Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens
- Weather lessons on FB from Weatherman
- Creation Museum live stream events from Answers in Genesis.
- Livestream FB Spanish lessons from Sra. Morato.
- Lunchtime doodles on Facebook with author Mo Willems.
- List of companies offering free subscriptions. (Some only apply to public schoolers home due to coronavirus)
- Free online lessons from Scholastic for students home from coronavirus.
- Free Bible Resources from Notgrass History
Books, Movies, Podcasts, & More
- YouVersion Bible App has free family devotions and Bible reading plans
- 10 Audiobooks the Whole Family with Love to Help Pass the Time from Northern Nester.
- Check to see if your library offers free video and ebooks through resources like Kanopy and Libby with Overdrive
- Free Audio Adventures to Entertain and Educate for Hours from Gretchen & Louise
- Listen to public domain audiobooks for free on Librivox.
- 100 Educational Films on Amazon Prime from Homeschool Hideout.
- Big list of podcasts for kids and homeschool families from My Little Poppies.
- The Ultimate List of Youtube Learning Channels for kids from The Barefoot Mom.
Experiences, Classes, & Tours
- Take a virtual tour of these museums from Southern Living
- This list of virtual museum tours from The Art Kit blog.
- Some broadway plays and musicals can be viewed free online.
- 20 virtual field trips to take with your kids from Adventures in Familyhood
- Take a tour of a national park here and here.
- Virtual farm tours from American Dairy Association.
Educational Sites / Resources
- Starfall for free early education activities.
- Giant List of Free Unit Studies from Faith and Good Works
- Great Big List of Educational Websites for Homeschool from Geez, Gwen
- Free drawing lessons on Art Hub for Kids YouTube channel
- List of apps and websites for kids stuck at home from Behind the Mom Bun.
- Paris museums put 100,000 images online for unrestricted use to artwork. Great for art study!
- The NASA Media Library is available for public use here.
- Using PhET for teaching math and science from Kristin Moon Science (“The PhET Interactive Simulations project is run by the University of Colorado, Boulder. Founded by Nobel Laureate Carl Wieman, PhET simulations (often referred to as sims) provide research-based, game-like environments for students to learn math and science.”)
- Science experiments requiring NO special equipment from Kristin Moon Science
- Virtual Science Dissections from Kristin Moon Science
- List of UK resources for homeschooling from Adventure Travel Family
- Xtra Math for free math facts practice
Fun Activity Ideas
- 13 Crafts and Activities for Families from Peace Creek on the Prairie.
- 15 Great Outdoor Night Games for Kids and Teens from A Heart Full of Joy
- 20 Activities for 4 year olds from Christine Keys.
- A fun list of 65 Ways to Have Fun at Home from Captivating Compass.
- Here is a list of sensory bin activities from Two Pine Adventures.
- Or you can try this Color Rice sensory bin from Whole Child Homeschool.
- Use this list to practice fine motor activities for preschoolers from Two Pine Adventures.
- Check out this easy homemade recipe and help your children learn letters, numbers, and more.
- Explore gardening with this fun Coffee Filter Flower Craft, learn about seven veggies that are easy to grow for kids, and use these ideas and printables for gardening with kids.
- Indoor educational activities for kids from An Off Grid Life.
- Check out this massive list of indoor activities for homeschool families from Free Homeschool Deals.
- Kitchen science experiments to enjoy with your kids with Natural Beach Living.
- Cool Magic Milk Experiment You Have to Try from Living Life and Learning
- Take time to focus on life skills learning with this list from Real Life at Home.
- 10 Ways to Mix Up Your Homeschool Day from Wellness in a Drop
- Fun Math Games & Activities from How to Homeschool My Child
- Best Free Skip Counting Songs to Learn Math Facts Fast from Happy Homeschool Mom
Printables and Downloads
- Free Lego Challenge Cards from Proverbial Homemaker.
- Check out these fun BINGO games for kids from Behind the Mom Bun.
- Fun printable alphabet memory game for preschool from My Joy-Filled Life.
- McGuffey’s Eclectic Readers PDF Download from Happy Homeschool Mom
- Poetry lesson using the Principle Approach from Principled Academy
- 2 Digit Addition Maze and Addition Maze Math for Kindergarten from Teach Me I’m Yours
- Free Skip Counting Cards from Teach Me I’m Yours
- National Jelly Bean Day Activities (April 22) from How to Homeschool My Child
- Learning Games with Easter Eggs from How to Homeschool My Child
- Resurrection Eggs: 12 Days Before Easter from Living the Unexpected Life
More resources coming soon!